Pool Filling Instructions
Once water has been started:
- Do not disturb the pool equipment as it may release water from the plumbing which could run across the new plaster/pebble surface and stain it.
Upon completion of plaster application, a hose will be placed in the deepest point of your pool to begin filling immediately. Keep in mind Luna Quartz, Pearl matrix, Satin Matrix, and Primera Stone surfaces are a two day process, so water will not be started until second day.
- You will see something secured to the end of your hose to prevent scratching as the hose moves during fill. (Normally a rag or sock).
- It is important NOT to stop the water during the fill process as this can cause a “bath tub” ring.
- If you are concerned the water may reach the mid tile line during the night you may turn the water down to a trickle, just never completely off.
- Water should only be introduced to the pool in the bottom around the drain locations. Use of auto-fills or other methods which cause the water to flow across the surface can leave stains.
- Fill pool completely and then spa if needed.
- Spa can be filled first but has to be monitored vigilantly to prevent water from overflowing and falling onto main pool surface.
It is vital to stay off of new surface during the fill process (especially children and pets)
- You may see the plaster crew walking on the surface but keep in mind they are aware of which areas are safe to walk on sooner than others.
Please note that water from the tap or other source can and will be tinted which will initially alter the look of your new pool.
- As the water is filtered and chemically balanced over the first 28 days the beauty of your new pool finish will become apparent.
Once the water fill is complete the start-up process needs to commence. These are 28 of the most vital days for the new surface of your pool to ensure a lifetime of beauty and enjoyment.
- Please see the Start Up Procedures to find the appropriate start-up procedure for your specific surface and make sure you or your pool service technician adhere to it.